Loyd Artists Roster
Tuesday, June 26, 2018
Reggie Harris an amazing repertoire of African American music, blending spirituals and freedom songs, the old with the new. New solo CD, Number One on the Folk Charts!
- Kennedy Center Partners In Education
Billy Jonas Band performer, singer-songwriter, composer, multi-instrumentalist, and educator, Jonas has perfected the art of original songs performed with a generous dose of audience participation; using voice, guitar, and industrial re-percussion - homemade creations of buckets and barrels, keys and cans, bells and body percussion.
- American Federation of Independent Musicians 1st place/Gold, multiple Parents' Choice Golds, and a New York Times “Best” listing
Doug Berky for three decades, Doug Berky has brought classic solo physical theater performances to stages all over the world using the illusion of the mime, the antics of the clown, the transformation of his own handmade, original and exquisite masks, the suspense of a good story and the excitement of improve; inspiring both laughter and reflection.
Roger Day writes and performs award-winning children’s music with infectious tunes and rhythms and inspiring characters; smart, interactive music for families
- Dove Family Foundation artist and multiple Parents’ Choice Gold Award winner.
Zak Morgan Grammy nominated artist with a unique brand of music delivering songs and poems with wit and charm in performances filled with musical stories, laughter and warmth; encouraging children to learn through reading, imagination, and believing in themselves.
Hobey Ford’s Golden Rod Puppets has received the highest awards for brilliant and priceless contributions to the world of puppetry. Hobey Ford is renowned for excellence in his craft.
- Kennedy Center Partners In Education, two-time winner of puppetry's highest honor, the UNIMA Citation of Excellence, recipient of three Jim Henson Foundation grants, and The Hermitage Fellowship
Abraham Jam A Muslim, a Jew and a Christian walk into a concert hall… and the result is harmony! “Abraham Jam” is a collaborative concert with Dawud Wharnsby, Billy Jonas and David LaMotte blending original music of heart and spirit and traditional music from the three Abrahamic faiths.
- Two new CDs in 2018/2019
Long Time Comin’ with Reggie Harris and Scott Ainslie like two rivers coming together, Reggie Harris and Scott Ainslie come at the music, the history, and the realities of race in America from different perspectives and arrive at the same place through song, story, compassion and humor.
Scott Ainslie a traditional musician with expertise in both the Southern Appalachian fiddle and banjo tradition, and Piedmont and Delta Blues, Ainslie specializes in performing and presenting programs on the African roots of American music and culture in concert, community, and educational settings.
- National Slide Guitar Festival Living Heritage Award, NEA and NC Arts grants for work preserving traditional arts, UNC Chapel Hill Fellow
North Carolina Youth Tap Ensemble Rhythm, funk, innovation, excitement, the North Carolina Youth Tap Ensemble (NCYTE), declared …” the premier youth tap ensemble in the world.”
Paul Taylor celebrates the culture of his Australian homeland in shows and workshops for all ages, sharing stories, multi-media images, and music of Aboriginal and European Australia.
- 2017 University of Wyoming Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Award, 2015 Wyoming Governor’s Arts Award, 2013 State Finalist Australian of the Year, Parents' Choice Gold, NAPPA Gold Awards, Storytelling World awards and Best Educational and Best-Spoken Word Recording awards from Children's Music.
Farmer Jason is the brainchild of rock music legend Jason Ringenberg, an Americana Music Association Lifetime Achievement Award winner. Ringenberg created Farmer Jason to educate and entertain children about farm life and the wonders of nature.
- “It’s a Farmer Jason” on PBS stations earning one Emmy and 4 nominations; Parents’ Choice Gold Award, the Los Angeles Times’ Children’s Record of the Year list for CDs